Avoiding the Pitfalls of Needy Team Members
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 2
Micromanaging… let’s be honest. No boss wants to be labeled as a micromanager (or waste their time doing it!) and no team member wants to be micromanaged. However, in small businesses micromanaging happens all the time!
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast (our first informational episode!), I share what causes small business owners to start micromanaging their team members, why it’s not something you want to do even if you prefer to stay updated on team member work, and how to avoid or stop the cycle of micromanagement.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why should I be aware of the cycle of micromanagement even before I hire a team? (1:15)
- What is the dangerous cycle of micromanagement? (2:06)
- I don’t intend to micromanage my team, do I still need to worry about this topic? (2:42)
- What happens in a small business to cause team members to become dependent on the business owner and become a time drain? (3:23)
- How can I avoid micromanaging new team members? (5:45)
- What do I do if I find that I’m micromanaging current team members? (6:15)
- Should I be concerned if I need to train a team member more than once on the same topic? (7:46)
- Should I really let lower-level positions have decision making power? (10:10)
Do you have questions about anything discussed in this episode? Or, do you have other questions about hiring or managing team members for your small business?
Then, you are invited to join the free Growing Your Team Facebook community.
The group is designed to provide you support as you grow and manage the team who is going to save you time and earn you more revenue.
So, come on over and join the Growing Your Team community and let’s grow you the team you need and deserve.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.