Avoiding the Pitfalls of Needy Team Members
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 2
Micromanaging… let’s be honest. No boss wants to be labeled as a micromanager (or waste their time doing it!) and no team member wants to be micromanaged. However, in small businesses micromanaging happens all the time!
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast (our first informational episode!), I share what causes small business owners to start micromanaging their team members, why it’s not something you want to do even if you prefer to stay updated on team member work, and how to avoid or stop the cycle of micromanagement.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why should I be aware of the cycle of micromanagement even before I hire a team? (1:15)
- What is the dangerous cycle of micromanagement? (2:06)
- I don’t intend to micromanage my team, do I still need to worry about this topic? (2:42)
- What happens in a small business to cause team members to become dependent on the business owner and become a time drain? (3:23)
- How can I avoid micromanaging new team members? (5:45)
- What do I do if I find that I’m micromanaging current team members? (6:15)
- Should I be concerned if I need to train a team member more than once on the same topic? (7:46)
- Should I really let lower-level positions have decision making power? (10:10)
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of choosing the right hire?
Are you tolerating a bad hire because you fear trying – and failing – again?
Gain the confidence to hire like a pro.
At Growing Your Team® we empower women entrepreneurs and leaders to expand their unique businesses by teaching them to master the hiring process. Schedule your free Jump-Start Consultation today.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!