How Not to Double Your Work When You Hire a Team
With Jenna Carelli
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 3
Some business owners start off dreaming about a business that’s just them. No team, no need to delegate, and the drive to hustle and do it all themselves! Then, reality hits and it’s realized that maybe one person shouldn’t do it all… maybe hiring a team is the best move to achieve one’s dreams.
That is exactly what happened to our guest, Jenna Carelli. After starting her first business and loving the hustle, life changed and so did her desire to work around the clock. She then began the process of hiring her first team.
Since then, her business has changed and her team has transitioned, but those she hires continue to be the backbone of her company. Today, she is sharing her leadership secrets with us!
About Jenna Carelli:
Jenna is the CEO and owner of J. Carelli Consulting, LLC and Founder of The Raising Influence Community. Her prior 6 years of experience in the corporate world as a Paralegal has enabled her to incorporate a legal and psychology background into the work that she does. She specializes in back-end marketing a.k.a what to do with a client and customer once they say “YES!” Jenna is an advocate of simplifying systems, client and customer journey in order to profit and impact more while doing less yourself.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- What made Jenna transition from a business owner who thought she would never hire to one with a thriving team. (3:30)
- How teams can help you set boundaries and live the life you want. (5:45)
- An easy method for figuring out what to delegate and if tasks even belong in your business. (8:45)
- Jenna’s secret for getting the right people on her team even when she was a hiring newbie. (10:00)
- How being specific gets you the best team members. (13:45)
- Where to focus your time if you want to grow your business (and what to eliminate from your workload.) (17:00)
- How Jenna learned the hard way that she needed to empower her team (and stop doubling her time!) (18:00)
- How Jenna navigated the need to change her team as her business changed industries. (25:40)
- The #1 question Jenna asks each job candidate. (29:22)
- Jenna’s views on personality tests for great teams. (31:25)
In this episode, we talk about different personality tests include DISC, Enneagram, and Love Languages. Learn more about each through the links below.
Love Language – https://www.5lovelanguages.com/
How to Connect with Jenna Carelli:
The 2020 Raising Influence event took place on February 1, 2020, in Tampa, Florida. Jamie was a keynote speaker presenting on how hiring the right help can transform your business.
If you would like to purchase the replay of this live event, use code JAMIE for 15% off at the link below.
About Raising Influence: Raising Influence is a community for women in business. We host virtual events, in-person events, workshops, and retreats. To stay up to date on all future Raising Influence events and workshops, visit www.jennacarelli.com and entering your Name and Email.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.