Why You Need to Stop Thinking of Hiring as an Expense
The Growing your Team Podcast; Episode 9
It’s easy to think of hiring as an expense. After all, each time you hire a new team member, you are adding an expense line item to your budget.
However, when the expense is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about adding a team member, it can often stop you from hiring the help you need. When you stop yourself from hiring the help you need, you can cost your business financially.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, you are going to hear why you need to stop thinking of hiring as an expense and why you need to see each new team member as an investment.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- What is means for every team member to have a positive ROI. (2:13)
- How you are limiting your companies potential and revenue when you don’t hire. (2:51)
- Why investing in team members can allow you to get more business and save time. (3:15)
- How to predict the possible return on the investment each new hire can earn your business. (4:28)
- What to do when you don’t think a position can produce a ROI. (6:05)
- The only time it’s okay to hire a team member when you know you will not get a financial ROI. (7:56)
- How to figure out the right position to add to your company when you have a need to hire a team member. (10:33)
In this episode, the Profit First methodology was mentioned. Learn more and get your copy of the best selling book here.
You’re stuck in the cycle of having enough work to be successful but not enough time to serve all your clients AND grow your business.
You know you need help, but you’re not sure what help is worth your investment.
You need the three-part method for finding the right team member who will save you time and earn you more by getting the right work off your plate.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!