Why Training Never Stops When You Have a Team
With Kellie Tinnin
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 101
Are you trying to come up with the perfect onboarding plan for new team members? Attempting to develop the right plan to transition employees might just be a waste of time.
As Kellie Tinnin shares the most important part of training is the process. Building self-leaders takes time to adjust and create trust. By focusing on the transition into new roles it can greatly help the move into the function of the position. The process will become easier to handle once you set up a reliable system for two-way communication and feedback.
About Kellie Tinnin:
Kellie Tinnin’s background includes business, project management, marketing, risk, hard work, and determination. She landed in the Real Estate industry as it was facing one of the worst financial crises since the Great Depression.
As a former top-producing Real Estate Broker in New Mexico, she learned the skills necessary to successfully consult with and negotiate with clients. She was often looked to as an expert in the real estate industry, contributing my expertise to publications like Inman News. Today, she supports businesses in the government, real estate and non-profit sectors by helping their organizations make a measurable impact on their team’s performance.
With a passion for learning, her goal is to help organizations succeed. She aims to be different and unique while making a measurable impact on adult learners. She is skilled in instructional design, organizational development, and training techniques. She strives to develop training and lead organizations in a fresh and innovative manner.
She is involved in her local community as she supports animal welfare. She is also actively involved with the Association for Talent Development, New Mexico.
She is a reformed “desert dweller” growing up in Arizona and relocating to New Mexico in 2005. Kelli calls Albuquerque home where an 9 and 1-year-old English Bulldogs, “Momo” and “Miyagi” call the shots.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How to apply leadership skills in the workplace.
- The ins-and-outs of training and onboarding people into new roles in your company.
- How to make self-leaders in essential roles through collaboration and communication.
- Why creating an onboarding plan doesn’t have to be perfect the first time around.
- Tips for developing an onboarding plan when bring on a new team member.
- What soft-skills businesses should spend more time working with their employees on.
- How to hone in on internal and external communication for improvement within the team.
- How to build a give and take relationship with your team members through trust.
How to Connect with Kellie Tinnin:
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.