One of the Best Ways to Retain Your Team Members
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 12
Long-term, engaged team members. It’s one of the top things small business owners want when they start building their teams.
If you’re going to take the time to hire someone, train someone, and learn to trust someone, it only makes sense that you would want them around for the long-haul.
How can you accomplish this? Many factors go into your ability to retain your team members. In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, we are going to review one of the top things you can do to retain your team members.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How listening to your team members is one of the top ways to retain talent (1:14)
- Why you might resist accepting your team members ideas as a small business owner (1:24)
- The top three actions to take when a team member suggests a change or implementing something new (2:12)
- How not feeling valued led an employee to leave her job (3:35)
- A personal story about how giving someone else’s ideas a chance led to me finding exactly what I wanted (4:26)
- What you should do when saying no to your team members is the right decision and an example of how it can keep team members engaged (8:26)
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!