How to Lead from Your Strengths
with Jenni Schubring
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 13
We all have strengths. However, most of us are not fully aware of what our strengths are and how to use them. Too often, we view our strengths as something that everyone has because if we enjoy something or can do something well, everyone else must too.
However, each individual has different strengths.
Guest Jenni Schubring is a certified life coach and is sharing with us how by knowing your strengths and those of your team members, you can create an environment where not only will each individual thrive, so will the business.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- About the Gallup CliftonStrengths assessment and how you can use the information to lead your team better. (4:35)
- How the odds are 1 in 33 million for two people to have the same top five strengths with the same descriptions. (6:09)
- That by recognizing who on your team is good at what, you can maximize efficiency, results, and the overall happiness of the team. (10:55)
- How it is very easy to fall into the trap that if we love a task or do it will that everyone else must be the same. (12:37)
- About how we create conflict by miss-using, overusing or under-using our strengths and not because two strengths really conflict. (13:07)
- How Jenni has helped teams learn to thrive together by learning their strengths. (17:22)
- Why we shouldn’t focus on our weaknesses. (22:26)
- How knowing both your strengths and your team’s strengths can help you create a positive culture and show you what to delegate. (28:17)
About Jenni Schubring:
Jenni is a transformational life coach, speaker, and owner of Jenni Schubring LLC. She is a Nexecute licensed life coach which allows her to bring their tools to her clients. Jenni wants everyone to experience the freedom and empowerment that comes with knowing who they are. Along with her 1:1 client, she has had the opportunity to speak at conferences, retreats, and trainings. She speaks and facilitates workshops for groups of all sizes. Jenni lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin with her husband, 5 children, and their dog.
How to Connect with Jenni Schubring:
As mentioned during the episode, I told Jenni that I would take the assessment before the episode goes live. Here are my top five strengths:
1. Strategic – People who are especially talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
2. Analytical – People who are especially talented in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.
3. Relator – People who are especially talented in the Relator theme enjoy close relationships with others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to achieve a goal.
4. Competition – People who are especially talented in the Competition theme measure their progress against the performance of others. They strive to win first place and revel in contests.
5. Significance – People who are especially talented in the Significance theme want to be very important in the eyes of others. They are independent and want to be recognized.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!