Why It’s Smart to Embrace Remote Work
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 14
In your small business, do you embrace remote work or do you require all employees to come to your business location? Whether you have ever considered letting your employees work remote before, the current events related to the Coronavirus (which is highly impacting the world at the release of this episode), has forced the idea of remote working upon us.
This might leave you in one of three places:
- You work from home already or remote work is already your norm. Business is moving as usual.
- Your business is forced to close because business cannot be done remotely. (Take this time to work on all those projects you keep putting off!)
- You’re having team members work from home, and this is not your norm. You’re figuring it out, but it’s a challenge.
Well, if you’re in that third bucket, or you think it’s time to start figuring out how you can add remote work to the future of your business, then this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast is for you. Learn why you should embrace remote work, it’s benefits, and why we need to let go of the business norms that were created when businesses operated very differently than they do today.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why it’s a myth that remote workers are not as effective as in office workers (3:16)
- The number one resource business owners should invest in to learn why having remote workers all the time is a good business plan (5:24)
- How your customers don’t care where your team members work; they only care that the work is done (6:29)
- The truth about kids and how they distract your employees when they work from home (7:32)
- The unexpected benefits of having remote staff (12:44)
Remote and Rework are both written by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson. Each shows you how to set up and run your business and team effectively in today’s world instead of following the business norms that were established before computers, the internet and even phones were invented.
Profit First, by Mike Michalowicz, helps you understand how we often waste money in our business on expenses that are not really needed for our businesses to run successfully.
All three books can be purchased on Amazon.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!