Why Being Transparent Will Make You a Better Leader
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 17
As business owners, we want to come off to our team members as the perfect leader who knows everything that is needed to lead our team to success. But, the truth is, no one is the perfect leader. We can only strive to keep becoming a better leader each day.
One way to become a better leader is to be transparent with your team.
While we can’t always tell our teams everything, there are so many opportunities to build trust through transparency. Trust leads to dedicated workers who see the business’s success as their success.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, you’ll hear why being transparent makes you a better leader at all times, but it’s even more important right now as the world deals with the Coronavirus.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why being transparent with your team right now is going to make a huge impact. (1:59)
- The difference between being transparent and being seen as not put together. (2:55)
- Why you need to build trust with your team members and how being transparent helps you build that trust. (4:48)
- How we all have emotions and we cannot ignore them if we want to be great business owners and be a better leader. (8:28)
- Why you need to be vulnerable and transparent even when your business is not in a negative space. (9:00)
- The difference between being vulnerable and being self-serving. (9:40)
- How you can start being transparent today. (10:59)
In this episode, the book Dare to Lead by Brene Brown is mentioned.
Grab your copy on Amazon today.
Do you have questions about anything discussed in this episode? Or, do you have other questions about hiring or managing team members for your small business?
Then, you are invited to join the free Growing Your Team Facebook community.
The group is designed to provide you support as you grow and manage the team who is going to save you time and earn you more revenue.
So, come on over and join the Growing Your Team community and let’s grow you the team you need and deserve.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.