How to Make Sure All Team Members Feel Important and Motivated
With Peter Masone
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 24
As you start to grow your team, you will notice that there are two types of team members within your business; those who work directly with your customers and those who function behind the scenes. Both are essential to moving your business forward and serving your clients, but the one set gets no external recognition because the customer doesn’t really know they are there.
However, as the business owner, you know that both types of team members are important to your company’s success and that the show cannot go on without either set. The question is, how do you ensure all team members feel valued and motivated?
Peter Masone is very familiar with this problem. From a background in theater and stage music, to 20 years in the construction industry, to now the General Manager of a sports team, the Tampa Bay Cannons, Peter knows how essential the behind-the-scenes team is to the final product. In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Peter shares his tips on how to build a team from the ground up and how to keep all team members feeling like they are essential, no matter their role.
About Peter Masone:
Peter Masone started his career with 10 years behind the scenes in the stage music, theatrical and studio entertainment world. He then transitioned into the construction industry for 20 years as a project manager. Today, he is the General Manager of the Tampa Bay Cannons, advocate for women in sports and steward of the Tampa Bay community.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How the lessons learned from one industry can make someone better team member or manager when they transition to another industry.
- Why relationship building should always be your number one priority as a business owner and leader.
- How to keep your backend team motivated and feeling like their contributions are valuable even when they are not receiving customer recognition for the end product.
- Why, as a small business owner, you should not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and job into the work as you’re growing your team.
- How supporting charities or becoming involved in the community can positively impact your team’s drive.
- Why being a functional team within your business is essential for business success.
- How to build the team you need versus the team you want.
- Why you need to stop the habits of doing everything yourself and start delegating to your team.
How to Connect with Peter Masone:
Where could your business go with a strong team of support to help get you there?
Imagine what goals you could achieve, the time you could save, clients and customers you could serve, and the revenue growth that could happen with the right people surrounding you in your business.
Can you see it?
While you might be able to imagine it, you might not be confident about the steps you need to take to get there.
At Growing Your Team, we can help. Schedule your free Jump-Start Consultation today.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.