What if Your Business Changes and You Need to Fire an Employee?
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 25
“But what if something happens and I have to fire an employee?”
Many small business owners have asked this question as they think about expanding their team. While their business is doing well now, they worry about the what-ifs.
What if my current revenue trends don’t continue, and I cannot afford an employee?
What if there is a recession/downturn/force closure that impacts my industry, and I have to close my doors or reduce my staff?
What if I later decided to take my business down a different path and it impacts whom I need on my team?
While these questions show that you care about the people you hire, the reality is, we cannot predict if any of these what-ifs will ever happen. When you make your decisions based on what-ifs, you’re making your decisions based on fears and not your business needs.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team Podcast, we are digging into this fear and what you should remember if you find yourself asking these questions when it’s time to hire a new team member.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why you need to stop worrying about what-ifs and do what is best for your business now.
- How businesses, large and small, are making decisions based on business needs daily.
- Why you might reach a point when you have to let go of awesome team members.
- The number one thing you must do if you want to stay in business.
- How being a great boss will help team members understand that you made the right decision even when it negatively impacts them.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!