How to Not Waste Your Money When Hiring a Virtual Assistant
with Kristen Diaz
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 26
Do you want to know one of the top hiring mistakes small business owners make?
It’s not hiring the talent their business really needs. Typically, this is caused by jumping into hiring before organizing internal processes or evaluating where you really need help.
Kristen Diaz is on a mission to stop this behavior. While she supports businesses as a Virtual Assitant, one of her passions is to help small business owners determine what type of help they need before starting the hiring process. If they end up needing her services, great! If not, she knows that she still provided them tremendous value.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Kristen is sharing her advice on how to know if it’s time to explore hiring your first Virtual Assistant, how to build remote relationships, and more.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How Kristen was encouraged by a past boss to leave her job and start her own business.
- Why, as business owners, we need to support our team member’s growth even if that means they end up leaving our team.
- How when building remote teams, it’s essential to gauge if a remote relationship will work between you and each team member before you make the hire.
- Why setting and keeping routines are one of the best things to do when building strong remote relationships.
- Why as business owners we need to focus more on the work being done rather than when it gets done.
- What you need to do and know before you hire a virtual assistant to make sure you don’t waste your money.
- Kristen’s tips for knowing when you’re ready to hire a VA for your business.
About Kristen Diaz:
Kristen Diaz was born and partially raised in Albany, New York before moving down to Tampa, Florida. Studious with extracurriculars to boot, Kristen harnessed her talents at Loyola University New Orleans receiving a B.A. in Mass Communications and Marketing. Parting with the Big Easy after graduation, she moved back to Tampa with dreams of climbing the corporate ladder, running a marketing department, and moving to a new location. That clearly did not happen. Being a Type A perfectionist, she grew stressed in a 9-5 grind where anxiety attacks would take form often due to the need to over-perform, balance outside work life, and trying to meet her goals. After realizing that she needed to take control of her anxiety she was able to see her true passion- working for herself and helping others get balanced.
Vow + Vast was born to help solopreneurs grow with better balance. With virtual outsourcing, assistance, and productivity coaching, Kristen believes that with her help, you’ll be able to do you- but better.
Kristen’s specialties lie in organization, operations, and marketing. A solutions-oriented Virgo, she always favors getting tasks done right with quality and more importantly, on time. Her passions include Marie Kondo-ing messes, creating a better work-life balance for business owners, and working to become fluent in other languages. You can usually find her sending memes to friends in perfectly timed increments of distraction in between periods of extreme productivity.
How to Connect with Kristen Diaz:
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!