How a Purpose Gives You a Competitive Advantage
With Elizabeth Lotardo
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 50
Do you want to know one of the best ways to attract top talent, retain key employees, and have team members excel at their job? Having a purpose.
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Elizabeth Lotardo shares what it means to have a purpose in your small business and how it can give you a competitive advantage when it comes to hiring talent and making the sales needed to scale your business.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
About Elizabeth Lotardo:
Elizabeth Lotardo is a consultant, researcher, and co-author of Selling with Noble Purpose: How to Drive Revenue and Do Work that Makes You Proud.
As the VP of Services at sales leadership consultancy McLeod & More, Elizabeth leads sales transformation initiatives for clients like Oracle, G Adventures, and Fiserv. She is a popular LinkedInLearning author, and her work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal and on NPR.
With an undergraduate degree in advertising from Boston University and a Master’s in Organizational Psychology, Elizabeth has enabled firms to drive employee engagement, competitive differentiation, and ultimately revenue.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- The difference between simply having a purpose statement and having a purpose that sits at the core of your business. (3:39)
- The one interview question you should as to uncover if a candidate is purpose-driven. (5:32)
- How having a purpose-driven company leads to employees who are more engaged with their work and are more likely to stay on your team. (8:22)
- How different generations react to working for purpose-driven companies. (9:28)
- How the COVID-19 pandemic helped level the playing field for small businesses when it comes to attracting quality talent. (14:23)
- Why you need to work just as hard to retain talent as you do to attract talent (16:17)
- What selling with a noble purpose is and why it matters for your business (22:12)
How to Connect with Elizabeth Lotardo:
Ready to build the team to grow your business, and want to do it with it requiring all of your precious time?
Have you ever wished for high-caliber resources and support as you grow your team and grow your business? Have you ever wished you had someone trustworthy in the field to answer all your hiring and team management questions?
It feels too intimidating to do this all alone — and Google can only help you go so far!
Imagine what goals you could achieve…
Clients and customers you could serve…
And the revenue growth that could happen…
With the RIGHT PEOPLE surrounding you in business. Time to make it happen?
You don’t have to navigate hiring team members alone. You don’t have to let uncertainty stop you from getting the support that’s going to save you time and earn your business more revenue.
It’s time for you to feel empowered with your hiring decisions.
It’s time for you to join the Growing Your Team Membership.
Enrollment is open now. See you on the inside!
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.