Legal Assistant – The Benkabbou Law Firm, PLLC
Location: Tampa, FL
At The Benkabbou Law Firm, PLLC, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch transactional and litigation services. As a boutique law firm focusing on business and immigration law, we are client-driven and serve clients from various industries and backgrounds, including multi-million-dollar companies to local start-ups. We strive for greatness at our firm and we pride ourselves on cultivating a reputation of integrity, great work ethic, and top-notch service for our clients.
The Benkabbou Law Firm, PLLC, is looking to add an energetic and detail-oriented Legal Assistant to our team who will support the delivery of high-quality legal services to clients.
The perfect candidate is an experienced legal assistant looking for a long-term position with opportunities for growth with our firm. They will have an upbeat and positive attitude with a keen interest in business law. The role is multifaceted and requires the candidate to juggle more than one task efficiently with great attention to detail. This position is for you if you are eager to challenge yourself and have the right attitude to fit our upbeat and positive culture.
Legal experience is required as the firm is looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
- Registers LLC’s & corporations & prepare related organization documents;
- Researches name availability on Division of Corporation website;
- Prepares & obtains EINs for companies;
- Clearly and accurately sends status updates to clients;
- Prepares transmittal letters to clients enclosing draft and/or execution documents;
- Meets with clients to execute documents;
- Prepares, processes & proofreads legal & administrative correspondence & documents;
- Maintains files, communicates with clients, opposing counsels, courts, agencies & the general public;
- Prepares & processes outgoing mail, arranges for specialized mail or messenger service as required;
- Maintains & updates calendars for attorneys, including meetings, appointments, due dates & client-related activities;
- Keeps client internal updates current;
- Prepares daily time entries for work completed;
- Proactively demonstrates effective teamwork and provide assistance to other staff members as time permits;
- Receives & screens telephone calls, takes messages as required;
- Arranges a conference room for meetings and consultations;
- Completes intake forms and requests missing information from clients;
- Proactively anticipates the needs of attorneys, plan ahead & meet deadlines;
- When necessary, serves as back-up to Receptionist; and
- Any other tasks as assigned by the attorney.
Requirements to Apply:
- High School Diploma or higher (Required)
- 3- 5 years of experience working as a legal assistant (Required)
- Full-Time position
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Must be able to work late or on weekends when needed with short notice
- Reliable and punctual at all times
- Tech-savvy and quick learner with new tech applications/software
- Excellent writing skills and email etiquette
- Problem solver with a keen interest in proactively finding solutions to the firm’s challenges
- Pays great attention to detail
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Commission pay
Direction to Apply:
Submit your application below.
In your cover letter, please let us know why you are the perfect candidate for this position based on your experience and/or qualifications.