The High Cost of not Giving Your Employees Vacation Time
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 29
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about giving your employees vacation time?
If you’re like most small business owners, you think about the expense. You think about the hours and days you will be paying a team member when they are not producing work.
However, did you know that while vacation time benefits the employee, it benefits you and your business too? Your business suffers when you’re team members don’t take a break from working and the impact could be greater than the cost of paid vacation time.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why it’s natural to think of giving your employees vacation time and only seeing the expense.
- How it can actually cost your business more when your employees don’t take vacation time.
- How a lack of vacation time impacts health.
- Why productivity increases when employees take time away from work.
- How to show your new employees that you value them and see them as more than a worker making you money.
- How to handle vacation time with contractors.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!