The High Cost of Not Giving Your Employees Vacation Time
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 29
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about giving your employees vacation time?
If you’re like most small business owners, you think about the expense. You think about the hours and days you will be paying a team member when they are not producing work.
However, did you know that while vacation time benefits the employee, it benefits you and your business too? Your business suffers when you’re team members don’t take a break from working and the impact could be greater than the cost of paid vacation time.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why it’s natural to think of giving your employees vacation time and only seeing the expense.
- How it can actually cost your business more when your employees don’t take vacation time.
- How a lack of vacation time impacts health.
- Why productivity increases when employees take time away from work.
- How to show your new employees that you value them and see them as more than a worker making you money.
- How to handle vacation time with contractors.
Do you have questions about anything discussed in this episode? Or, do you have other questions about hiring or managing team members for your small business?
Then, you are invited to join the free Growing Your Team Facebook community.
The group is designed to provide you support as you grow and manage the team who is going to save you time and earn you more revenue.
So, come on over and join the Growing Your Team community and let’s grow you the team you need and deserve.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.