Why You Need to Leave Your Feelings Out of the Hiring Process
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 21
Feelings and emotions tend to drive most of our decisions. However, when it comes to hiring team members, we need to avoid letting ourselves hire based on emotions.
When we let emotions lead our hiring decisions, we run the risk of hiring the wrong person. Hiring the wrong team member can lead to a waste of resources and the need to start the hiring process over again to find the right new hire.
Listen to this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast to learn who you need to leave your feelings out of the hiring process.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why you need to prove that a candidate can do the job rather than leading your decision making process with feelings.
- How to structure your hiring process to make sure you’re making the right decisions.
- The only time you’re allowed to bring feelings into the hiring process.
- The reality of what happens when you hire a team member based on emotions.
- How you’re setting your new team member up for failure when you hire based on emotions
- Jamie’s story of when she also made the mistake of hiring the wrong person based on an emotional reaction and what stopped her in her tracks.
Where could your business go with a strong team of support to help get you there?
Imagine what goals you could achieve, the time you could save, clients and customers you could serve, and the revenue growth that could happen with the right people surrounding you in your business.
Can you see it?
While you might be able to imagine it, you might not be confident about the steps you need to take to get there.
At Growing Your Team, we can help. Schedule your free Jump-Start Consultation today.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.