Why You Need to ask Behavioral Interview Questions
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 23
Are you asking the right kind of questions when you interview candidates for your open positions?
While there are many questions you can ask, there is one type of question that is essential to ask. That type of question is behavioral interview questions.
Listen to this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast to learn more about behavioral interview questions and why you’re putting yourself at risk when the majority of your interview questions don’t fall into this category.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why interviews are an important step when searching for a new team member.
- Why you should determine if a candidate can the job before you care if they fit your culture.
- What behavioral interview questions are and how they will help you figure out if a candidate is the right person for your opening.
- Why you should avoid hypothetical questions during an interview.
- How past performance is the best indicator of future performance.
- How to prepare questions that uncover the information you need to make a good hiring decision.
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the pressure of choosing the right hire?
Are you tolerating a bad hire because you fear trying – and failing – again?
Gain the confidence to hire like a pro.
At Growing Your Team® we empower women entrepreneurs and leaders to expand their unique businesses by teaching them to master the hiring process. Schedule your free Jump-Start Consultation today.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!