Why You Need to Ask Behavioral Interview Questions
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 23
Are you asking the right kind of questions when you interview candidates for your open positions?
While there are many questions you can ask, there is one type of question that is essential to ask. That type of question is behavioral interview questions.
Listen to this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast to learn more about behavioral interview questions and why you’re putting yourself at risk when the majority of your interview questions don’t fall into this category.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why interviews are an important step when searching for a new team member.
- Why you should determine if a candidate can the job before you care if they fit your culture.
- What behavioral interview questions are and how they will help you figure out if a candidate is the right person for your opening.
- Why you should avoid hypothetical questions during an interview.
- How past performance is the best indicator of future performance.
- How to prepare questions that uncover the information you need to make a good hiring decision.
Where could your business go with a strong team of support to help get you there?
Imagine what goals you could achieve, the time you could save, clients and customers you could serve, and the revenue growth that could happen with the right people surrounding you in your business.
Can you see it?
While you might be able to imagine it, you might not be confident about the steps you need to take to get there.
At Growing Your Team, we can help. Schedule your free Jump-Start Consultation today.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.