Why Your Business is Never Too Small to Make a Social Impact
With Tim Salmonson
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 30
Are you ready for your business to make a social impact?
Whether it’s supporting the local homeless shelter, supporting organizations that fight for human rights, supporting environmental or animal causes, supporting health-focused research or charities, or more, many business owners want to use a part of their business to drive change and make an impact.
The question is, is your small business to small to start having a social impact? And, how can having a social impact influence your ability to attract the best talent?
In this episode of the Growing Your Team podcast, Tim Salmonson gives you the answers.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn a commission that comes at no additional cost to you.
About Tim Salmonson:
Tim Salmonson is a communications specialist with over 30 years of experience in the field of visual arts. He is a well published professional photographer/ videographer.
In 2004, he founded a non-profit organization mobilizing volunteers to serve in under-resourced communities around the world and then in 2011 he founded what has now become Social Economic Enterprises, a company committed to helping organizations get clarity about their purpose, creating value for their stakeholders and making a positive contribution in the world.
Tim has a Bachelor of Science in Communication from Western Michigan University and a Master’s Degree (MA) in Organizational Leadership from Eastern University, St. Davids, PA. His experience and passion culminate in the areas of team building, team leading, creative problem solving, strategic planning and community building.
His aspiration is to, “Be the change you want to see in the world.” Mohandas Gandhi
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- What led Tim Salmonson down the path of social change and a focus on businesses and social responsibility. (4:28)
- Why you need to create a business that has a noble purpose and how it gives your employees and customers something to rally behind. (6:05)
- Why your business is never too small to make a social impact. (10:52)
- Tim’s five steps, the Five C’s, for creating value and making an impact that connects with your audience. (14:55)
- How to have a true noble cause instead of having your giving back be seen as a PR stunt. (16:67)
- Why it’s right for consumers to make their purchasing decisions based on the causes or organizations a business supports. (21:56)
- Why as a small business owner you must establish authority and empathy with your audience. (27:17)
- How to attract the best talent with a social enterprise and how to get your existing team on board. (28:37)
How to Connect with Tim Salmonson:
Do you have questions about anything discussed in this episode? Or, do you have other questions about hiring or managing team members for your small business?
Then, you are invited to join the free Growing Your Team Facebook community.
The group is designed to provide you support as you grow and manage the team who is going to save you time and earn you more revenue.
So, come on over and join the Growing Your Team community and let’s grow you the team you need and deserve.
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.