How to Hire Great VAs and OBMs
With Sandra Booker
The Growing Your Team Podcast Episode 62
You can add many different positions to your business when you are looking to add support that will help you scale. Virtual Assistants (VA) and Online Business Managers (OBM) are two popular virtual positions.
The question is, which one do you need, and how do you find the right one? Then, how do you keep the relationship productive and healthy for the long-run?
Sandra Booker, the owner of Any Old Task, is sharing all her secrets on how to hire and work with high-producing VAs and OBMs.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase through the links provided, I will earn This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
About Sandra Booker:
Sandra is an online business manager and founder of Any Old Task, a small but mighty group of passionate peeps who love getting stuff done and helping people run their business like a lean, but never mean, fightin’ machine.
In her (efficiently used) spare time, she teaches women how to get to $50K a year in their own virtual assistant practices, even if it’s their first year in business. Her clients include familiar names like Tarzan Kay and Laura Belgray. She’s received accolades in her community like the 40 Under 40 award and she’s on a mission to help her clients generate the same kind of raving clients she enjoys in her own business.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How hiring doesn’t have to be full-time or nothing – you can start small and get help only where you really need it.
- What the difference is being a Virtual Assistant (VA) and an (Online Business Manager) OBM, and when you should hire each
- Why expecting your team members to wear many hats tends to work for only a short time
- Why open communication is the key to long-term, successful team members
- How you should involve team members when you’re finding their replacement
- Why you must always be ready to replace even the most loyal employees and contractors
- What you should do when a contractor starts to slip in their work
- How to apply the concept of Hire Slowly, Fire Quickly to your hiring process
- When it’s the right time to hire a VA to your small business team
How to Connect with Sandra Booker:
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need to successfully hire and lead their team members.