Making the Shift to Hiring Success
with Abby Herman
The Growing your Team Podcast: Episode 78
Hiring is not always a piece of cake. And, sometimes, as much as you would like to blame it on the people you’re hiring, you’re the problem.
That is something Abby Herman realized when she started to expand her team.
Listen and hear how Abby realized that she was the cause of her new team members not working out and how she overcame those challenges to grow her team. Now, just eight months later, she has expanded from one employee to three (soon to be four!) and keeps having months that shatter her previous revenue ceilings.
In this Episode You’ll Hear:
- How you can grow your business and serve more clients while not ditching your done-for-you services
- The common emotions you’ll experience when you realize you’re responsible for someone else’s income
- How Abby refusing to let go of control resulted in a series of hires that did not work out
- The actions that help Abby go from being disappointed in the pool of applicants to finding her perfect hire
- How Abby wouldn’t have the team she has today if she didn’t get help with hiring
- How in eight months Abby went from hiring her first employee to having a team of three employees (soon to be four!) and how that team has led to Abby having multiple best months ever in her business
- Why it’s important to find out what your employee loves and doesn’t love about their job
- Tips on how you can hire the right person when you’re ready to outsource your content
About Abby Herman:
Abby Herman is a content strategist and coach for business owners who want to gain visibility for their businesses with personalized content strategies and implementation. She hosts a growing membership program to help business owners DIY their content marketing and is the host of The Content Experiment Podcast.
How to Connect with Abby Herman:
Subscribe and Review:
Have you subscribed to the Growing Your Team podcast yet? If not, subscribe or follow today on your favorite podcast player so you never miss a future episode.
Also, while you’re there, please leave a review! By leaving a review, you help other small business owners find the podcast so they can gain the knowledge they need so they can hire like a pro and lead their team successfully!